Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be flexible to do yoga?
No, but yoga will help you to become flexible and increase your range of motion if you stick with it on a regular basis.
What is your studio like?
We have a casual and very friendly studio. People will welcome you and make you feel right at home. We love drop-in’s and people visiting the area
Can anyone practice yoga?
Of course, yoga is for everyone, but If you have a medical condition, or are recovering from an injury or surgery, it is best to get a recommendation from your doctor before beginning.
Do you offer beginner classes?
We periodically offer beginner series throughout the year but our classes are All-levels so our teachers are excellent at introducing the practice to beginners during the All-Levels class by teaching fundamentals and prop usage while giving detailed instructions for building a strong foundation in yoga which benefits the seasoned yogi as well as the newbie.
What class would be best for me?
Our All- Levels mat yoga classes and our Yin class require that you are able to sit comfortably on the floor and are able to comfortably transition from the mat (either from kneeling, supine or prone) to standing. If that is not an option, then chair yoga might be a great choice as we use the chair for seated support and the chair for standing support and eliminate the need to get onto the mat.
What Should I wear?
Wear something comfortable to practice, like leggings or yoga pants with elastic waist and stretchy fabric. Ladies might want to wear a snug fitting top so it stays in place as we turn upside down. Gentleman (if wearing shorts) will want to wear compression shorts for a base layer or long athletic pants.
What should I know before taking my first class at Sunrise Yoga Studio?
- Arrive a few minutes ahead of class to fill out a waiver.
- Silence phones before you come in.
- Take off shoes at the door and place them in the cubbies (along with other non-essentials) as you enter (please keep shoes off till exiting the building).
- Tell the teacher if you have injuries or any replacement or any health concerns.
- Read the descriptions of the classes first to see which class sounds like a good fit, but if you have any questions or can’t decide which class to start with, give me a call at 828-557-5731 or email me at email@example.com
- Print, fill out and bring this waiver to your first class. If you can’t print, no worries, we have forms available at the studio.
How do I know if class is canceled?
Sometimes we have unfavorable road conditions, especially in the winter. Sometimes, someone is ill or it’s super cold, so if you want to double check to make sure class is on before coming to town, check out the google calendar at sunriseyogastudio.com/schedule.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Cash, local checks, Venmo (plus 3 %) and Square (plus 3%)
If your question is not listed here please contact us.